Just One Year by Lainy J. Thomas

Thank you @hyggebooktours and @LainyJThomas1 for letting me be part of this tour and reviewing this book. Just One Year is a contemporary genre. The story is set during COVID-19 times when it was lockdown. The main character is Josie who is 49 years old, and she finds out she has one year to live and starts to question her life to her husband and other things around her. I did really enjoy reading this book and did shed a few tears at the end. This is a fantastic read and I fell in love with Josie character because she is such a lovely person who is struggling with COVID-19, marriage, life, friendship, and motherhood. This is a moving read that you won't be able to put down because you need to know what happens with Josie. There were a couple of twists I did not see coming, but they work brilliantly. You will feel many emotions reading this book, I did. I did not like Josie husband at first due to things that were going on, but I think he had his own issues going on and with COVID-19 as well but later on in the book I liked how he developed and liked him much more. This is a gripping read and I like Lainy J. Thomas writing style it kept me engaged and hooked to the pages. You will not be disappointed reading this book, I was not, and I am so glad I got to read it 5 stars. Genre: Family drama Author Bio (small paragraph about yourself which I can share with reviewers.): Lainy lives in Staffordshire, England with her husband, youngest son and her imagination. Her other works include “Father Things and Flings” and “A Place called Home.” Lainy is currently working on “The Result” which will be available towards the end of 2024. All of Lainy’s work is available on Amazon.co.uk in E.Book or Paperback. Book Title: Just One Year Book Blurb: “Set in lockdown, England, Josie finds out, at 49, that she has just one year to live and starts to question her marriage, her role as a mother and even her relationship with her best friend. All of the people she holds nearest and dearest are going through their own private ordeals and dilemmas but has the pandemic driven them all so far apart that it turns out to be the worst year of her life?” Number of Pages: 182 Book Links/Buy Links (Amazon, Goodreads etc.): Amazon.co.uk : just one year lainy

Comments

  1. Thank you for taking part lovely- Hygge Book Tours

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hanging Out by Sheila Liming

Penelopes Purple Passions by Penelope Chaisson

Pawnshop of Stolen Dreams by Victoria Wiliamson