The Waitress and The Singer by Mark Laming

Thank you @zooloosBT and @MarklamingBooks for letting me be part of this tour and reviewing this book. The Waitress and the Singer is a romance genre. I like the title and the front cover it works well with the red and white colours. Randall is in a famous rock band that has broken up and is starting a new life when he meets Jo, who is a waitress in a diner. I enjoyed reading this story and had great descriptions that run through the book. There are some good twists that I didn't see coming that worked well. I liked reading about the world of rock and the music industry, it was nice to read something different that I know nothing about. Randall and Jo are lovely characters and work well together. The story at a good pace that will keep you entertained to the end and you won't want to put it down due to you wanting to know what happens to Jo and Randall romance, it will have you on edge. Heart-warming read 4 stars. Mark’s Bio My passion has always been writing and I am unable to imagine a day without putting the laptop through its paces. As a young boy I remember hiding in the wings of my father’s theatre in Harrogate, staring in awe at the actors rehearsing for a show that he had written. Irrefutably, a tiny slice of his magic, thankfully, rubbed off on me and became the catalyst for my storytelling. To date, four of my novels have been published and I am in the process of writing another one. I have written over two hundred short stories of which four have been broadcast by the BBC. More recently I have become a regular contributor to a Dorset magazine group. My interests include horology and being grandfather to four colourful characters who continually test my mind and bank account! I was nominated for The People’s Book Prize 2019 for my novel ‘Shadow with Nowhere to Fall’. The patrons are Frederick Forsyth CBE and Founding Patron: Dame Beryl Bainbridge. The last couple of years have been a busy time for me with local BBC radio interviews. I have also been featured as a guest on the American Author’s Show. Finally, as many authors will confirm, it is a long and bumpy path getting published. If I had my time again, would I choose writing as my first love? You bet I would! Mark’s Links Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarklamingBooks Website: https://marklaming.co.uk/ Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/Mark-Laming-Author-and-Novelist-672274179904715 Book Links Goodreads : https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/202446465-the-waitress-and-the-singer Buy Links : https://mybook.to/waitresssinger-zbt Book Blurb Randall Moon instigates the break-up of one of the most famous rock bands in the world. At the age of fifty, after three decades of playing with Frost Alert, he steps out of the limelight to start a new chapter of his life, without his wayward wife! Meeting Jo, a waitress in a Manhattan diner, Randall catapults her into his chaotic and wealthy lifestyle, only to unveil an underlying nightmare that interrupts the magic.With everything centred on Randall, Jo’s intervention in troubled waters backfires leaving him in freefall, and she becomes the enemy at the door. An air of uncertainty hangs over their heads; Jo can either hold her ground or shock Randall with her next move.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hanging Out by Sheila Liming

Penelopes Purple Passions by Penelope Chaisson

Pawnshop of Stolen Dreams by Victoria Wiliamson