Happiness Seeker by Jennifer Burkinshaw

Thank you @hyggebooktours @jen.burkinshaw #hyggebooktours for letting me be part of this tour and reviewing this book. Happiness seeker is a teenage genre. I love the front cover it is beautiful. Happiness seeker incredible read that had me hooked from the beginning. I love the pictures that are in the chapters. The story is set in Morecambe due to Allie and her school on a school trip to there. The story is about Allie and her friends and the bay. The bay can be very dangerous, and you find this out throughout the book. I thought this book is a thrilling read and very poetic. There were some sentences in the book that really stood out for me ‘For all who have and will have drowned in this Bay and for the anguish of those who they leave behind. This broke me and I felt very emotional reading this chapter. The story is very well written, and I do like Jenniffer descriptions throughout the bay. I could really visualise what she was saying. The story has some hard topics tragedy, friendship, love and sadness. I enjoyed getting to know Allie character and I loved her friendship with Fin. Fantastic book that will take you on emotional roller coaster. I cant wait to read more books Jennifer Burkinshaw in the future. 5 stars. Author Bio (small paragraph about yourself which I can share with reviewers.): Jennifer was an English teacher, both in the UK and Paris; now she lives in West Yorkshire and is a writer and new nana to two amazing grandsons. Blurb Would you lay down your life for a friend? Budding playwright Allie prefers to keep her drama on the stage… …until she goes on a week’s sixth-form trip to the stunning but treacherous Morecambe Bay where she meets a mysterious boy whose accent she can’t place. Step by painful step, Allie finds out who Mareno really is. The more she learns about the dangers that ensnare him, the more determined she becomes to write him a happy story. But the drama that unfolds is all too real, with an ending no one would seek. Content warning: exploitation; death of secondary characters including a dog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hanging Out by Sheila Liming

Penelopes Purple Passions by Penelope Chaisson

Pawnshop of Stolen Dreams by Victoria Wiliamson