The Boatmore Butcher by L. Stephenson

Thank you @ZooloosBT and L.Stephenson for letting me be part of this tour and reviewing this book. The Boatmore Butcher is a Horror Gener and is very dark and graphic read. The story is about Liam and his friends who are Paramedics and people keep dying but Liam tries hard to keep them alive but the killer founds horrible ways to prevent people saving them. This book is not for the squeamish. I loved it. The story has three sections to it and I must admit the first part was my favourite. I kind of guessed who the killer was but was shocked when there was another and didn’t realise who it was. I was hooked to the book, and it is a chilling read that will make your heart pound. This is the first book I have read By L. Stephenson, and I will be looking for more. This was intense read and I read it in a day because I was hooked and needed to know what was going to happen to all the people on the island. The Boatmore Butcher is great read for the dark months ahead. The story is gripping with some great twists. 5 stars. L’s Bio L. Stephenson has been telling stories of killers and boogeymen to his friends and writing them on his computer since the summer before he began high school. A university degree in Film & TV Screenwriting, a handful of anthologies and a novella later, and not much has changed, it seems! Stephenson's first short story was published as part of a Halloween-themed collection by Dark Ink back in 2018. Nearly five years later, terror just came full circle as the author has returned home to Dark Ink to release his debut slasher novel, The Boatmore Butcher. Book Blurb Three paramedics are drawn into the mystery of a bizarre spree unfolding on a quiet island town. Devastated by the loss of his son, Liam Price, must hold it together whilst leading his team against a killer who finds new and twisted ways to prevent them from saving the lives of their victims. But one serious mistake puts them and everyone they love in grave danger. As the island starts to slip into hysteria, our villain goes to gruesome lengths to keep their identity a secret. Able to hide in plain sight, the killer is out for revenge as they close in on their prey. Can they escape the wrath of the Boatmore Butcher?

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for reading. I absolutely loved your review. And I'm glad that you mentioned Part 1. It has a special place in my heart, and was the first book I had ever written before it became the opening third of this novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Epic review - thank you so much for supporting the tour x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hanging Out by Sheila Liming

Penelopes Purple Passions by Penelope Chaisson

Pawnshop of Stolen Dreams by Victoria Wiliamson