In My Toaster by Paul Guy Hurrell

Thank you @ZooloosBT and Paul Guy Hurrell for letting me be part of this tour and reviewing this book. My Toster has a fun and colourful front cover. This is a fantasy and Magic genre for young adults. The book is 75 pages long. I liked Tracy, and I love the fact she went to make toast and got sucked into the toaster to a magical world. I love this to happen to me and think children would too. The story is a great adventure, and I liked Sam who is a bird who is guiding Tracy through this world. I did feel for Tracy because she is going through a lot missing her dad and then there is a pandemic happening too. I think Young adults will relate to Tracy and enjoy her adventures. The story is written well and will keep young adults entertained. 4 stars. Ten-year-old Tracey Birdsall is missing her father who is stranded in New Zealand due to travel restrictions in the midst of a pandemic. Her brother hardly speaks or plays with her now that he is fifteen and has his own friends. Her mother is too busy trying to run the house by herself, so life can be lonely for Tracey – that is until she decides to make toast one morning and suddenly gets sucked into a magical world inside of the toaster! She is guided by Sam the Titfur, a bird like creature that can change its size and carries a Needed Bag. On the journey she has to cross through a vertical river using only an umbrella, then over the Stone Bridge of Nowhere and hide from the Chatterings under a picnic blanket. She must take part in the shortest and slowest car race ever, were she gets stopped for speeding by a virtual police officer, before going down the biggest slide to meet Peter Smith the wizard. “In My Toaster” is the second story in a series of fantasy adventures. The first book, “What’s In My Fridge?” tells the story of Tracey’s brother Terry, who encounters a very different world inside of his fridge! Each book holds a moral to the story. Terry must find the courage to stand up to the school bully and Tracey must learn to cope with her loneliness. Author Bio I was born in Leeds, Yorkshire, England in 1960 to a single parent family. I am the youngest of five sidling’s 4 boys and a girl. I was brought up on a council estate and my family had very little, just like many other family’s on the estate at the time. I attended two schools as I grew up Bentley Lane infants/junior School and then onto Stainbeck High School. For me school was always hard, mainly because of my absenteeism. I wasn’t ill, it was just my mum didn’t send me (empty nest syndrome). Looking back at my school years there is a good chance I spent more times at home, than I did in school. I officially left school in 1976 and my first full time job was making special mirror, the ones you see in pubs. I didn’t last long there before I got bored. I had a number of other jobs after that, which I didn’t stay long in any of them. One job I stayed a full day before not going back, but my record for the shortest stay was 4 hours, I walked away from this job after the hourly rate was cut from 90p an hour, down to 70p an hour. The following year I was forced to take a job, back at Stainbeck High School repairing school desks. While here I met my wife, Beverley. We are still together and have two wonderful grown-up children and three grandchildren. I worked for Leeds City Council, in the Housing section for 22 years, before retirement. Since retiring I have the time to carry out one of my first loves, writing stories.

Comments

  1. thank you for closing the tour today with your fab review x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hanging Out by Sheila Liming

Penelopes Purple Passions by Penelope Chaisson

Pawnshop of Stolen Dreams by Victoria Wiliamson