The Dead are Gods by Eirinie Carson

Thank you @NikkiTGriffiths and @EirinieCarson for letting me part of this tour and reviewing this book. The Dead are Gods is the first book Eirinie Carson wrote and it's heartbreaking read but grabbed my attention and made me think of my friend that died last year of cancer. I could relate to this book the only different thing was Larissa died of an overdose but I could relate to how Eirinie felt losing her friend and the grief that came. I felt like I was going through an emotional rollercoaster with Eirinie. I feel like The Dead are Gods will stay with me because I could completely understand how Eirinie felt about losing her friend. The Book is beautifully written and I can't wait for her next book 5 stars. I love reading books I would not normally read. It was a pleasure to read. For anyone who has lost someone, I would recommend this book. Out now to buy. Blurb After an unexpected phone call on an early morning in 2018, writer and model Eirinie Carson learned of her best friend Larissa’s death. In the wake of her shock, Eirinie attempts to make sense of the events leading up to Larissa’s death and uncovers startling secrets about her life in the process. THE DEAD ARE GODS is Eirinie’s striking, intimate, and profoundly moving depiction of life after a sudden loss. Amid navigating moments of intense grief, Eirinie is overwhelmed by her love for Larissa. She finds power in pulling moments of joy from the depths of her emotion. Eirinie’s portrayal of what love feels like after death bursts from the page alongside a timely, honest, and personal exploration of Black love and Black life. Bio Eirinie Carson is a Black British writer, born to a Jamaican father and Scottish-ish mother and raised in South East London. Her work is published in the Sonora Review and she is a frequent contributor to Mother magazine. A member of the San Francisco Writers Grotto, Eirinie writes about motherhood, grief and relationships. Eirinie lives in Northern California with her musician husband and their one dog and two daughters. The Dead are Gods is her first book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hanging Out by Sheila Liming

Penelopes Purple Passions by Penelope Chaisson

Pawnshop of Stolen Dreams by Victoria Wiliamson