I’ll do anything you want by Iolanda Batalle

Thank you @3TimesRebel and @IolandaBatalle for letting me read and review this book. I'll do anything you want is an amazing read to the point I could not put it down and finished it in three hours. This book is nothing like I have read before its outstanding. The writing and the descriptions are beautiful and there is one sentence I loved which was "It was my mother's faith her love, that brought me back to life". I found the book very easy to get into and I found Nora a fascinating character. I felt for her at times with what she was going through. You follow Nora's journey into the past and with her relationship with her husband, with sex and finding herself. Brilliant book and I will look out for more books by Iolanda Batalle in the future. Her writing is elegant and mesmerizing. 5 Stars a fantastic read. Blurb After 25 years of marriage and a life that seemed perfect, an accidental love affair will unexpectedly push Nora into a universe of abuse and luxury prostitution. From there, she will have to face her deepest feartars in a journey that will put her world upside down. Sex without constraints will be the trigger for Nora to get back in the driver's seat of her own life. A story that talks about a woman's journey, from submission to freedom, from I'll do anything you want to I'll do anything I want. Explicitly influenced by Anaïs Nin's Henry and June and by the novels of Henry Miller, Iolanda Batallé also mirrors Nora with Lewis Carrol's Alice - the two share a dream world that makes them grow or shrink as they journey into their depths. We can also find a wink to the White Rabbit in one of the book's characters appearing again and again to ask her the same question 'Are you sure you will be on time?' Bio Iolanda Batalle (Barcelona - Catalonia) is a writer, journalist, translator, publisher & Arts Degree in English literature. Her first book La memoria de les formigues was published in 2009 and became acclaimed by both the public and critics. After the compilation of short stories El limit exacte dels nostres cossos, in Nov'13 came Fare tot el que tu vulguis ("I'll do anything you want").

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hanging Out by Sheila Liming

Penelopes Purple Passions by Penelope Chaisson

Pawnshop of Stolen Dreams by Victoria Wiliamson