The Newlyweds by Mandi Choksi

 

I really like The Newlyweds front cover is bright colourful and catchy and draws your attention to it which is great. Mandi Choksi follows three couples relationships in  India. The newlyweds is a great book to read and really opened my eyes to how relationships are seen in India like lesbian relationships and etc. I felt like I was on emotional roll coaster with all three couples and they all go through their own heartache and troubles.  The lesbian couple are forced to flee so they can have life together, the Hindu lady and Muslim man  who have to leave because a mob is after them and another couple who have to run so they can marry. I liked how the book was layer into the three parts and the narrative did jump to the next couple but I feel it really worked. Really interesting and engaging to read. Thank you @random  things tours and Mandi Choksi for letting me part of this tour and reviewing this book.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hanging Out by Sheila Liming

Penelopes Purple Passions by Penelope Chaisson

Pawnshop of Stolen Dreams by Victoria Wiliamson