After the lights go out by John Veercher


 After the lights go out I first found it difficult to get into the first few pages  and was abit unsure because i thought it was all about fighting but I was so wrong and glad I read this book. I felt so sorry for Xavier and this book got to me emotionally. Poor Xavier on rollcoster of unhappiness, emotional, pain and sorrow. I really liked John Vercher writing , after the lights go out is beautiful written and you can really feel the pain and is at really good pace you can keep up with. You can really connect with the characters and Xavier was really easy to like and I just wanted give him hug and wished for him to be happy. I never expected the ending to end like that I felt very emotional. Xavier has one last chance to come back as a fighter but he also struggling with his brain which he slowly is getting dementia but it’s now affecting his life, his dad has Alzheimer’s but he is now to turn nasty and not being nice to Xavier. This book is brilliant and will definitely reading more of John Vercher books in the future. 5 Stars. Thank you Kate Wilkinson for letting me read this book. I definitely recommend this book it’s out on the 1st September it was really nice to read something different to what I normally read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hanging Out by Sheila Liming

Penelopes Purple Passions by Penelope Chaisson

Pawnshop of Stolen Dreams by Victoria Wiliamson